RICOTTA, GBEJNIET AND BROAD BEANS PIE by Moira Puli
450 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
200 g unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
1 tsp salt
150 g chilled water
500 g ricotta
3 fresh cheeslets drained overnight
100g fresh green beans skin off
250g fresh milk
Salt and pepper
1 beaten egg
Some sesame seeds
1. Place flour, butter, salt and water into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 4.
2. Transfer pastry onto lightly floured silicone bread mat or work surface and shape into 2 flattened balls. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place into refrigerator until required.
1. Place ricotta, cheeselets and beaten eggs in a separate bowl and gently mix with a fork.
2. Weigh the beans into the simmering basket and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and flour a pie dish (26 cm) and set aside.
4. Put the butter, milk, semolina, salt and pepper in the mixing bowl, put the simmering basket in the bowl and cook 7 mins/varoma/speed 4.
5. Put the steamed beans and the cooked mixture in the bowl together with the ricotta mixture.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll out the first ball of pastry. Line prepared tin with the pastry, spread the ricotta, bean and cheeslets mixture. Roll out the second piece of shortcrust pastry into a round sheet. Carefully, lay the disc of dough on the ricotta mixture and seal the edges well. Prick the top with a fork,
7. Using scissors, snip a few holes along the top of the pie to allow steam to escape during baking, brush the pastry with a beaten egg and sprinkle some sesame seeds. Bake for around 35 minutes (200°C).