IMQARET by Rosette Zahra
400gr plain flour
150ml orange juice + cold water Filling
Peel of 1 orange
Peel of 1 mandarine
400gr Pitted Dates
1 tbs Anisette
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1. Place flour and butter in mixing bowl then mix 30sec/speed 4.
2. Add the orange juice and cold water and mix dough/2 mins. Tip out and wrap in cling film then chill in fridge for at least 15 minutes.
3.Place orange and mandarine peel into a clean and dry mixing bowl and chop 8 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the sides.
4. Add pitted dates, water, anisette and ground cloves and cook 10mins/Varoma/Speed1.
5. Then mix 10 sec/speed 8. Let it cool completely.
Assembly and baking
6. Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
7. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces and using a rolling pin, open the dough in a rectangular shape. Put the filling in the middle & fold the sides of the dough to the centre. Cut in a diamond shape or square. Transfer the rolls to prepared baking tray keeping the seam at the bottom. Bake for 25-30 minutes (190°C) or until lightly golden.